Gibson, Charles (1928 - )
Genre: Non-Fiction - Scholarly
Charles Dana Gibson is a military and maritime historian and author. He was born in New York City and lives in Camden, ME.
- Merchantman? Or Ship of War: A Synopsis of Laws, U.S. State Department Positions and Practices Which Alter the Peaceful Character of U.S. Merchant Vessels in Time of War (1986)
- Marine Transportation in War: The U.S. Army Experience, 1775-1860 (1992)
- The Ordeal of Convoy NY 119: A Detailed Accounting of One of the Strangest World War II Convoys Ever to Cross the North Atlantic (1992)
- Dictionary of Transports and Combatant Vessels, Steam and Sail, Employed by the Union Army 1861-1868 (1995)
- Over Seas: U.S. Army Maritime Operations, 1898 Through the Fall of the Philippines (2002)