Weinberger, Caspar (1917 - 2006)
Caspar Weinberger born in California in 1917. He spent the majority of his life in public service first in the military during World War II. He served on the cabinets of three presidents, Nixon, Ford and Reagan. He was best known as Reagan's secretary of Defense. President Ford later pardoned him for his actions in the Iran contra Affair.
He met his wife, Maine native Jane Dalton in 1942. He died in Bangor March 27, 2006.
- Chain of Command with Peter Schweizer (2005)
- Fighting for Peace: Seven Critical Years in the Pentagon (1990)
- Home of the Brave: Honoring the Unsung Heroes in the War on Terror with Wynton C. Hall (2006)
- In the Arena: a Memoir of the 20th Century with Gretchen Roberts (2001)
- The Next War with Peter Schweizer (1996)