2014 Maine Readers' Choice Award
Visit the Readers' Choice Award website where the new books will be posted in 2014.
- Add the three books to your collection; put the logo sticker on the books. [Note you need Avery 22806 labels - 2 x 2. Staples had them] Blank template.doc;[Word,29 kb]; label logo.jpg [732 kb]
- Encourage your patrons to read the three novels.
- Send a press release to your local paper.
- Hang posters to promote:
- Add the book award logo and a link to the website on your library website.
- Use the bookmarks to promote.pdf, [PDF, 342kb]; PUB, [272kb]; Word, [537kb]
- Offer a book journal to patrons: 2 page booklet: page 1; page 2 [Word, 750kb - pg 1; 16 kb pg 2]
Directions to add logo to a web page
- To add the Readers' Choice Award logo to your web page, right click on it or control-click and then choose "Save Picture As" or "Save Image as" to your computer. Navigate to a location on your computer to save this image. It's best to save your images in an image folder inside your web site folder.
- Please follow the directions for your web editor since "inserting an image" can be different for software.
- General: Align cursor where you want the image placed.
- Select the "Insert" or "Insert Image".
- Browse to the location on your computer where you saved the "logo" image and select it.
- Be sure to upload this image to your web server so the image will show. Web browsers link to this image for displaying.
- Add alternative or "alt" text for any image on your web pages. "ALT" text makes information about the image available to visually-impaired users. Follow directions for ALT for your web editor or add alt="Maine Readers' Choice Award" within the image tag of the HTML code. To use the logo as a link, choose the image and follow the directions of your web editor for adding a link. Usually there is a box "link" to add the web address - http://mainereaderschoiceaward.org/ - right below where you choose to add the image.
Need help? Use the feedback link below under "Connect."