The understanding of the importance of connecting customers of all ages to popular and recreational reading and the ability to assist customers with their reading choices are the key reasons why many are interested in readers' advisory.
What is readers’ advisory? Simply put readers’ advisory is helping our customers find the best, most enjoyable reading experience that matches their needs, interest and reading levels. It is finding the right book at the right time.
- Should You Create an Online RA Presence?
- One Way to Merchandising Your Collection
- If Books are Our Brand
- So Many Books, So Little Time
Book Club Resources
- Good links on Bangor's Reading Ring Blog
- Information on swap titles, read book reviews, learn of local author talks, find links to book group guides, and more...
Join the Readers Advisory-L - Listserv for Librarians
This listserv will be our vehicle for sharing tips, ideas, successful techniques, RA tools, and information that assists librarians from all sizes and types of libraries as we continue to provide the very best services to citizens across Maine.
- To subscribe, leave, or change options for the Reader's Advisory-L
- Once subscribed, it is necessary to follow the emailed instructions to confirm the your subscription before it starts.
- Subscribers may post to the list by sending e-mail to: ReadersAdvisory-L@lists.maine.edu
Bibliographies for Readers' Advisory
Readers' Advisory [HTML, 52 KB; Readers' [PDF, 151 KB]; Readers' [RTF, 96 KB]
A list of books and articles that are wonderful tools to assist you in providing readers’ advisory services in your library.
Selected Free Readers' Advisory Websites