2015 Maine Readers’ Choice Award Long List Announced
If your New Year’s resolution is to read more in the coming year, the Maine Readers’ Choice Award screening committee is offering some suggestions for books to add to your 2015 reading list.
The panel has released the top 25 titles under consideration for the 2015 Maine Readers’ Choice Award, narrowing in their focus from the list of approximately 125 books that were initially nominated for the prize.
To be eligible for the award, nominated titles must have been published in the United States in the previous year, appeal to a wide audience and be judged by the Committee to be notable works of exceptional quality.
The selection committee, comprised of 20 librarians, booksellers, literacy advocates, reviewers and writers, is expected cull the list further in March.
The 2015 Maine Readers' Choice Award Long List (the books are NOT listed in any particular order)
- The Wind is Not a River by Brian Payton
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his years of pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami
- On Such a Full Sea by Chang Rae Lee
- The High Divide by Lin Enger
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- Redeployment by Phil Klay
- The Invention of Wings by Sue Kidd Monk
- Remember Me Like This by Bret Johnson
- An Unnecessary Woman by Rabih Alameddine
- Euphoria by Lily King
- All the Light You Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Shotgun Lovesongs by Nicholas Butler
- The Spinning Heart by Donal Ryan
- The Headmaster's Wife by Thomas C. Green
- The Free by Will Vlautin
- The Lobster Kings by Alexi Zentiner
- Fourth of July Creek by Smith Henderson
- Hold the Dark by William Giraldi
- Let Me Be Frank With You by Richard Ford
- Lila by Marilynne Robinson
- Remedy for Love by Bill Roorbach
- The Rise and Fall of Great Powers by Tom Rachman
- An Untamed State by Roxanne Gay The
- Laughing Monsters by Denis Johnson
- The Sleepwalker's Guide to Dancing by Mira Jacob
The Maine Readers’ Choice Award was established in 2013 by the Maine State Library and the Maine Library Association with the aim of increasing awareness and reading of adult literary fiction. The 2014 Maine Readers’ Choice Award recipient was Donna Tartt for her novel, The Goldfinch.
Share a Comment
- Let us know what you think about this article.