Sebago Lake State Park Conditions & Activities
Located off Maine Route 302 in both Casco and Naples.
- Campground Entrance in Naples - take Route 302 to downtown Naples to State Park Rd. to Campground Rd. (Lat. 43.929666, Lon. -70.583851)
- Day-use Entrance in Casco - take Route 302 in Casco to State Park Rd. to Park Access Rd. (Lat. 43.941989, Lon. -70.546466)
Park Hours: Open all year; 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise signed at the gate.
Fee collected at entry booth by staff or self-service station.
Trail Overview & Activities Listing
The well marked, easy to moderate, trails meander through a variety of forest types and woodland cover as well as a stretch along the Songo River and a portion of the north shore of Sebago Lake. Wildlife such as deer and bald eagles are often encountered while out on the trails.
Winter trail maps are available at the parking areas.
- $15 per boat round-trip passage.
- Boats requiring both gates open must make special arrangements ahead of time by calling Sebago Lake State Park (207) 693-6231.
- Operational Dates & Hours:
- May 1 - June 14: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- June 15 - Labor Day: 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Day after Labor Day - October 15: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Trailered Boat Launch Fee
- Open during regular park hours.
- Launch fee is paid on entry to the park:
- Trailered Boat
- $10 for the day OR posted per-person day use fee for the State Park; whichever is less. Fee covers access to parking and ramp use only.
- Non-Trailered Boats
- Posted per-person day use fee for the State Park.
- Overnight parking and early fishing entry is not permitted at launch sites inside State Parks without pre-approval of the Park Manager; call the park well ahead of your visit to determine if this is an option.
Camping & Picnicking
- Family Camping / Reservation Information
- Sebago Lake Campground Map (PDF 561KB)
- Campsite photos on Google Earth
- To view the campsites you will need to install the free Google Earth on your computer.
- Group Camping & Reservation Information
- Winter camping is available at the park. For more information, please contact the park at 207-693-6231.
- Group Picnic Shelter and Group Picnic Site available by reservation.
- The cross-country and snowshoeing trails, listed below, are used in the summer as hiking trails.
- West side trail map (Naples side) and descriptions (PDF 684KB).
- East side trail map (Casco side) (PDF 501KB).
- 5.5 miles of groomed trails are open for xc-skiing on the Casco side of the park. We set track on 3.7 miles and have 1.5 miles groomed specifically for skate skiing.
- 6 miles of ungroomed trails are available on the Naples side of the park.
- Easy to moderate trails meander through a variety of forest types and woodland cover.
- Stretches along the Songo River and a portion of the north shore of Sebago Lake.
- 5.5 miles of groomed trails are open for snowshoeing on the Casco side of the park.
- 6 miles of ungroomed trails, as well as the campground access road, are available in the Naples portion of the park. The entrance to the campground road is plowed for parking to access the Naples side trails.
- Off-trail exploration is welcome and affords an opportunity to see areas less accessible during the warmer months.
- Winter access for fishing may be enjoyed from the park. Ice often does not form on big Sebago Lake until much later than the other local lakes and ponds, so caution is always advised before venturing out.
- The ice should always be tested every few feet for safe and adequate thickness.
- Current Weather
- Sebago Lake State Park Homepage
- Winter Camping (PDF 369KB)
- Trail Map - East/Casco Side (PDF 501KB)
- Trail Map - West/Naples Side (PDF 684KB)
- Group Picnic Areas
- Event Calendar - Year-at-a-Glance
- Take-it-Outside / Winter Family Fun Days at other Maine State Parks
- Department-wide sortable event & meeting calendar
- Ice Out Dates Page
Sebago Lake State Park
11 Park Access Road
Casco, Maine 04015
Lat 43.929666 /
3 Campground Lane,
Naples, Maine 04055
Lat 43.989129000 /
11 Park Access Road,