The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation contributes to economic stability by providing temporary employer-funded benefits to eligible individuals while they seek re-employment. We operate an accessible, integrity-driven program in a timely and accurate manner.
New to Unemployment?
- Claimant Instruction Guide to completing an online interview questionnaire (PDF)
- What does my status mean?
- What is the Work Search requirement?
- How do I verify my identity for my claim?
- Unemployed due to COVID-19?
- What is an overpayment?
- How to change your unemployment account password
- 1099G and Tax information
- Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation (MEUC) program
- Update on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Word) (PDF)
- (All FAQs)
Affected by COVID-19?
Looking for Work?
- 8/8/2022: 2022 Maine Hire-A-Vet Campaign Kick-Off Event and State's Largest Hiring Fair to be Held August 18
- 7/29/2022: CareerCenter August Hiring Events and Services
- 7/22/2022: The Employment Situation in Maine - June 2022
- 7/7/2022: Some Employers Receive Notice from Maine Dept. of Labor in Error - Department Notifying Affected Employers Individually