Home → Unemployment Insurance Home page
The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation contributes to economic stability by providing temporary employer-funded benefits to eligible individuals while they seek re-employment. We operate an accessible, integrity-driven program in a timely and accurate manner.
New to Unemployment?
- What does my status mean?
- What is the Work Search requirement?
- How do I verify my identity for my claim?
- FAQ for the Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) Program
- Unemployed due to COVID-19?
- Weekly Claim Information
- What is an overpayment?
- How to verify your email address and reset your password (Word) (PDF)
- (All FAQs)
Affected by COVID-19?
- 3/4/2021: Claims for Unemployment Compensation, Week Ending February 27
- 2/25/2021: Claims for Unemployment Compensation, Week Ending February 20
- 2/22/2021: Maine Dept. of Labor Rolls out Updates to Unemployment Program and JobLink as Part of Ongoing User Experience Initiative
- 2/18/2021: Maine Dept. Of Labor Awarded $1.2 Million in Federal Grant Funding to Combat Unemployment Fraud