Home → Unemployment Insurance → Overpayment Waiver Request
Overpayment Waiver Request
An overpayment may occur when a claimant is paid unemployment benefits and is later found to not be eligible for those benefits. If the overpayment is not due to fraud, you are entitled to request a waiver of the overpayment.
A response and decision to your request for a waiver may take several months dependent upon current volumes and workload. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Want to file for an overpayment waiver request thru RemployME?
1. Log into your ReEmployME account.
If you are unable to log in, please contact 1-800-593-7660 and a representative can assist you.
2. Find & click the Overpayment Waiver tab, then click the File Overpayment Waiver Request.
3. The next screen will display all decisions that have an active overpayment associated to them. Select the decision you would like to file the waiver for and click Next .
4. Fill out the Overpayment Waiver Questionnaire and click Submit.
5. After you click Submit you will receive a confirmation screen.