Home → Unemployment Insurance Home page
The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation contributes to economic stability by providing temporary employer-funded benefits to eligible individuals while they seek re-employment. We operate an accessible, integrity-driven program in a timely and accurate manner.
New to Unemployment?
- Claimant Instruction Guide to completing an online interview questionnaire (PDF)
- What does my status mean?
- What is the Work Search requirement?
- How do I verify my identity for my claim?
- FAQ for the Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) Program
- Unemployed due to COVID-19?
- Weekly Claim Information
- What is an overpayment?
- How to change your unemployment account password
- 1099G Information
- Update on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Word) (PDF)
- (All FAQs)
Affected by COVID-19?
Looking for Work?
- 4/20/2021: Maine Department of Labor awarded $382K grant to promote, enhance WorkShare Program
- 4/15/2021: Claims for Unemployment Compensation, Week Ending April 10
- 4/8/2021: Claims for Unemployment Compensation, Week Ending April 3
- 4/1/2021: Claims for Unemployment Compensation, Week Ending March 27