There are no announcements at this time.
The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation contributes to economic stability by providing temporary employer-funded benefits to eligible individuals while they seek re-employment. We operate an accessible, integrity-driven program in a timely and accurate manner.
New to Unemployment?
- Claimant Instruction Guide to completing an online interview questionnaire (PDF)
- What does my status mean?
- What is the Work Search requirement?
- How do I verify my identity for my claim?
- What is an overpayment?
- How to change your unemployment account password
- 1099G and Tax information
- (All FAQs)
- WorkShare for Employers
- WorkShare for Employees
Affected by COVID-19?
Looking for Work?
Need to Appeal?
- 5/26/2023: For Immediate Release - May 26, 2023
- 5/25/2023: Maine Senate Confirms New and Returning Members to Maine's State Workforce Board
- 5/22/2023: Maine Departments of Labor & Economic and Community Development to Host The Maine Employer Summit in Augusta
- 5/19/2023: The Employment Situation in Maine - April 2023