Home → Unemployment Insurance Home page
The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation contributes to economic stability by providing temporary employer-funded benefits to eligible individuals while they seek re-employment. We operate an accessible, integrity-driven program in a timely and accurate manner.
New to Unemployment?
- PUA ID and Employment Verification
- Claimant Instruction Guide to completing an online interview questionnaire (PDF)
- What does my status mean?
- What is the Work Search requirement?
- How do I verify my identity for my claim?
- Unemployed due to COVID-19?
- What is an overpayment?
- How to change your unemployment account password
- 1099G Information
- Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation (MEUC) program
- Update on Federal Unemployment Extensions (Word) (PDF)
- (All FAQs)
Affected by COVID-19?
Looking for Work?
- 5/13/2021: OSHA, Maine Brewers' Guild, Maine Department of Labors Workplace Safety and Health Division partner to promote worker safety
- 5/13/2021: Claims for Unemployment Compensation, Week Ending May 8
- 5/6/2021: Maine Department of Labor Tightens Work Search Requirement
- 5/6/2021: Claims for Unemployment Compensation, Week Ending May 1