The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation contributes to economic stability by providing temporary employer-funded benefits to eligible individuals while they seek re-employment. We operate an accessible, integrity-driven program in a timely and accurate manner.
New to Unemployment?
- Claimant Instruction Guide to completing an online interview questionnaire (PDF)
- What does my status mean?
- What is the Work Search requirement?
- How do I verify my identity for my claim?
- What is an overpayment?
- How to change your unemployment account password
- 1099G and Tax information
- (All FAQs)
- WorkShare for Employers
- WorkShare for Employees
Affected by COVID-19?
Looking for Work?
- 9/29/2023: Maine Awarded $7.6 Million Pathways to Partnership Grant
- 9/28/2023: Maine Department of Labor Announces Launch of University of Maine at Augusta Cybersecurity and IT Registered Apprenticeship Program
- 9/28/2023: CareerCenter October Hiring Events and Services
- 9/25/2023: National Disability Employment Awareness Month