The Bureau of Unemployment Compensation contributes to economic stability by providing temporary employer-funded benefits to eligible individuals while they seek re-employment. We operate an accessible, integrity-driven program in a timely and accurate manner.
New to Unemployment?
- Claimant Instruction Guide to completing an online interview questionnaire (PDF)
- What does my status mean?
- What is the Work Search requirement?
- How do I verify my identity for my claim?
- What is an overpayment?
- How to change your unemployment account password
- 1099G and Tax information
- (All FAQs)
- WorkShare for Employers
- WorkShare for Employees
Affected by COVID-19?
Looking for Work?
- 1/27/2023: CareerCenter February Hiring Events and Services
- 1/24/2023: The Employment Situation in Maine - December 2022
- 1/12/2023: 186 People Hired During the 2022 Maine Hire-A-Vet Campaign, at an Average Hourly Wage of Over $33
- 12/28/2022: CareerCenter January Hiring Events and Services