- UOCAVA Voters
- Register to Vote
- Request a Ballot
- Receive the Ballot
- Return a Voted Ballot
- Track Your Ballot
- Election Dates and Deadlines
- Additional Links
The voter registration and absentee voter services on this page are for UOCAVA voters, who are:
- Uniformed Service Voter:
- Active duty military and their dependents (U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps)
- Coast Guard
- Commissioned corps of the U.S. public Health Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- The Merchant Marine
- Overseas Voter:
- U.S. citizen living outside of the United States who was qualified or would be qualified to vote in their place of residence in Maine prior to leaving the U.S.
Register to Vote (return to top)
- Fill out this Federal Post Card Application to register to vote and to request an absentee ballot for all elections within 18 months of submission. You can type your information onto the form, print, and sign your name.
- There are 3 ways to submit your completed and sign application:
- Email it as a scanned attachment to UOCAVA.CEC@maine.gov; or
- Fax it, toll-free (within the U.S.) to 1-877-443-1302; or
- Mail it to:
Bureau of Corporations, Elections, and Commissions
101 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0101
Request a Ballot (return to top)
- Remember to choose how you want your ballot to be sent to you-either by mail or electronically
- If you choose to get your ballot electronically, you will receive additional instructions after you submit your request
If you are a UOCAVA voter and you have requested an absentee ballot but not yet received it, please contact the Elections Division at 1-888-VOTESME (1-888-868-3763) or UOCAVA.CEC@maine.gov.
Receive the Ballot (return to top)
Depending on the method you chose for ballot delivery, your ballot will be:
- Mailed to the address you provided when you requested the ballot; or
- Accessed by you through the State's online service as a printable PDF file
Return a Voted Ballot (return to top)
When you receive your absentee ballot and other election materials, please follow the included instructions to ensure that your ballot is returned on or before 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. If you have questions, please contact the Elections Division.
UOCAVA voters must return their voted ballot (by mail or electronically) by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Track Your Ballot (return to top)
If you have requested a federal or state ballot from the Maine Elections Division, you may check the status of your request or ballot.
Dates and Deadlines (return to top)
No information at this time
Additional links: (return to top)
If you have questions related to voting as a Uniformed Service or Overseas Voter, please contact the Elections Division at UOCAVA.CEC@maine.gov or call 1-888-VOTESME.