- UOCAVA Voters
- Register to Vote
- Request a Ballot
- Receive the Ballot
- Return a Voted Ballot (see below for authorization to return ballots electronically)
- Track Your Ballot
- Election Dates and Deadlines
- Additional Links
The voter registration and absentee voter services on this page are for UOCAVA voters, who are:
- Uniformed Service Voter:
- Active duty military and their dependents (U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps)
- Coast Guard
- Commissioned corps of the U.S. public Health Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- The Merchant Marine
- Overseas Voter:
- U.S. citizen living outside of the United States who was qualified or would be qualified to vote in their place of residence in Maine prior to leaving the U.S.
Register to Vote (return to top)
- Fill out this Federal Post Card Application to register to vote. You can type your information onto the form, print, and sign your name.
- There are 3 ways to submit your completed and sign application:
- Fax it, toll-free (within the U.S.) to 1-877-443-1302; or
- Email it as a scanned attachment to UOCAVA.CEC@maine.gov; or
- Mail it to:
Bureau of Corporations, Elections, and Commissions
101 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0101
Request a Ballot (return to top)
Fill out this online Ballot Request to get a ballot:
- Remember to choose how you want your ballot to be sent to you-either by mail or electronically
- If you choose to get your ballot electronically, you will receive additional instructions after you submit your request
If you are a UOCAVA voter and you have requested an absentee ballot but not yet received it, please contact the Elections Division at 1-888-VOTESME (1-888-868-3763) or UOCAVA.CEC@maine.gov.
Receive the Ballot (return to top)
Depending on the method you chose for ballot delivery, your ballot will be:
- Mailed to the address you provided when you requested the ballot; or
- Accessed by you through the State's online service as a printable PDF file
Return a Voted Ballot (return to top)
When you receive your absentee ballot and other election materials, please follow the included instructions to ensure that your ballot is returned on or before 8:00 p.m. Election Day. If you have questions, please contact the Elections Division.
UOCAVA voters may choose to return their voted ballot by mail or electronically by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Track Your Ballot (return to top)
If you have requested a federal or state ballot from the Maine Elections Division, you may check the status of your request or ballot.
Dates and Deadlines (return to top)
June 12, 2018 - Primary and Special Referendum Election
- Ballots for UOCAVA voters will be available by April 27, 2018
- You must register to vote and/or request your ballot by 5:00 p.m. June 12, 2018
- Your voted ballot must be received by the Elections Division before 8:00 p.m. (EST) on June 12, 2018
Additional links: (return to top)
If you have questions related to voting as a Uniformed Service or Overseas Voter, please contact the Elections Division at UOCAVA.CEC@maine.gov or call 1-888-VOTESME.