Maine Motorcycle Registration Information
Law Change effective 03/01/2012:
As a result of a new Maine law, all motorcycle registrations, issued on or after March 1, 2012, will expire on March 31st of the following year.
- Motorcycle registration stickers will include the month and year of expiration and must be placed in the upper right corner of the plate.
Under the new law, Maine Inspection Stations are required to issue a certificate of inspection and an official inspection sticker for each motorcycle.
- The inspection sticker must be attached to the upper left corner of the motorcycle registration plate.
- The inspection certificate must be kept with the motorcycle registration certificate.
- If the registration plate is transferred to another motorcycle, the inspection certificate and sticker expire.
The law did not change motorcycle registration fees. However, it did change the method of calculating fees for motorcycles registered for the first time.
- For new registrations only, the fees will be calculated based on the number of months the registration is valid.