For information regarding a CDL license or any CDL endorsement, please contact the CDL Examination Section at (207) 624-9000 ext. 52122.
CDL Self-Certification and Medical Examiner's Certificate Reporting
- All CDL holders must complete the self-certification form.
- Drivers that certify to non-excepted interstate or non-excepted intrastate driving must give the Bureau of Motor Vehicles a copy of their DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate, and must keep that certificate current. You may mail, fax, e-mail, or drop off the form to a motor vehicle branch office location.
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
CDL Compliance Unit
29 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0029
Fax to: (207)-624-9339
E-mail: cdlcompliance.BMV@maine.gov (must be scanned as a word document or pdf)
Drivers that are required to submit a Medical Examiner's Certificate must submit a new certificate (a copy is acceptable) before the previous one expires to stay in compliance and avoid a downgrade of their medical certification status.
You can change your type of driving at any time by submitting a new self certification form and DOT Medical Certificate, if required.
Medical Examiner forms are available online at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov
CDL Certification for Military Even Exchange Program
The Commercial Driver License (CDL) skills test waiver form may be used by service members who are currently licensed and who are or were employed within the past year (12 months) in a military position requiring the operation of a military motor vehicle equivalent to a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV). This waiver allows a qualified service member to apply for a CDL without knowledge and skills testing.
The transfer of School Bus (S) and/or Passenger (P) endorsements under this Waiver Program are prohibited.
- If discharged, the military employment was within the last year
- For a period of at least 2 years, the veteran operated a commercial vehicle of the same class and type as the CDL license they are applying for
- For this 2 year period, the veteran has not had their license suspended, revoked, or cancelled
- The veteran does not hold a license in another jurisdiction (excludes a military license)
- The veteran has not had any convictions disqualifying them from the waiver, or has not exceeded 1 conviction for certain convictions (refer to the CDL Certification for Military Waiver of Skills Test form for list of convictions).