MRS' mission is to fairly and efficiently administer the State's tax laws with integrity and professionalism.
MRS accomplishes this mission with highly trained staff that demonstrate professionalism and teamwork. MRS is always looking to add motivated and talented staff.
MRS is always interested in providing flexible and paid internships to students and graduates alike. Whatever your academic focus or professional background, internships are a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience at MRS.
If you're interested in learning more about careers at MRS or applying for paid internships at MRS, please email Alex Weber at email@example.com.
Choose a career with MRS and join our dedicated team. MRS believes in supporting our workforce with a valuable total package, including:
Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness - The State of Maine is a qualified employer for this federal program.
Tuition Reimbursement (including reimbursement for CPA exam) - MRS encourages employees to further their self-development through higher learning by offering generous tuition reimbursement.
Continuing Professional Training - MRS is committed to providing ongoing professional training and development opportunities to our employees.
Work-Life Balance - Rest is essential. Take time for yourself using 13 paid holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and 3+ weeks of vacation leave annually. Vacation leave accrual increases with years of service, and overtime-exempt employees also receive personal leave.
- Health Insurance Coverage - The State of Maine pays 85-100% of employee-only premiums ($9,893.52-$11,057.52 annual value), depending on salary.
Health Insurance Premium Credit - Participation reduces employee-only premiums by 5%.
Dental Insurance - The State of Maine pays 100% of employee only dental premiums ($350.40 annual value).
Retirement Plan - The State of Maine contributes to the Maine Public Employees Retirement System (Maine PERS), on behalf of the employee.
Gym Membership Reimbursement - Improve overall health with regular exercise and receive up to $40 per month to offset this expense.
Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts - Set aside money pre-tax to help pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses and/or daycare expenses.
Why is MRS a great place to work?
Below is a video of some MRS employees sharing their MRS experiences.
Automatic email notification – Sign up here to receive automatic email notifications of new MRS open positions.
Current Open Positions at MRS
Below are current openings at MRS. For more information, please visit Maine Bureau of Human Resources.
You can find MRS here:
- September 21, 2022 - Career Fair at Lewiston Career Center End of Summer Outside Hiring Event
- September 29, 2022 - Career Fair at Brunswick Town Mall
- October 5, 2022 - Career Fair at Portland Career Center
- October 13, 2022 - Fall Career Fair 2022 at Eastern Maine Community College (Bangor)
- October 19, 2022 - Career Fair At University of Maine Orono (Engineering and Computing)
- October 20, 2022 - Virtual Boston Career Fair (11am - 2pm)
- October 24, 2022 - Westbrook Career Fair (Saint Hyacinth Church) (2pm - 4pm)
- November 2, 2022 - Career Fair at Portland Career Center
- November 2, 2022 - Career Fair at Husson University (Bangor)
- November 3, 2022 - Career Fair at University of Southern Maine (Portland)
- November 9, 2022 - Virtual Career Fair at Saint Joseph's College of Maine (through Handshake) (10am - 4pm)
- November 9, 2022 - University of Southern Maine (Portland), Accounting Society
- November 10, 2022 - 2022 New Hampshire Criminal Justice & Government Career and Internship Fair (virtual via Franklin Pierce University, through Handshake)
- November 15, 2022 - Virtual New England Regional Career Fair (register here) (10am - 2pm)
- December 6, 2022 - Career Fair at Lewiston Career Center (via Maine Career Center) (10am - 12noon)
- February 15, 2023 - Career Fair at University of Maine (Orono) (10am - 2pm)
- February 15, 2023 - Career Fair at Southern Midcoast Career Center (Brunswick) (via Southern Maine Community College) (10am - 12noon)
- February 21, 2023 - Career Fair at Lewiston Career Center (Lewiston) (10am - 12noon)
- March 1, 2023 - Career Fair at University of New Hampshire (Durham, NH) (11am - 3pm)
- March 2, 2023 - Career Fair at University of Southern Maine (Portland) (11am - 3pm)
- March 8, 2023 - Career Fair at University of Vermont (Burlington, VT) (12noon - 3pm)
- March 15, 2023 - Career Fair at Saint Joseph's College (Standish) (10am - 4pm)