Subsurface Wastewater Unit
On this page:
Subsurface Wastewater Team Training
No training is presently scheduled. Contact Brent Lawson, State Site Evaluator (207) 592-7376 if you have questions.
Presby Environmental Update
Presby Environmental (PEI) was recently acquired by Infiltrator Water Technologies (IWT), uniting PEI’s combined treatment and dispersal technology with IWT’s broad offering of onsite wastewater treatment system technologies.
PEI and IWT will be hosting a seminar on the evening of Thursday, August 8th in the North Wing of the Augusta Civic Center (76 Community Drive, Augusta, ME 04333). Dinner will be provided with a cash bar available. The seminar will provide an opportunity to learn about the changes, ask questions, and to introduce you to other IWT products. Registration is required.
To learn more about the manual changes: https://septicsystemsofmaine.com/2019/06/maine-advanced-enviro-septic-and-enviro-septic-design-installation-manual-changes-2019-edition/
To register for the seminar and free buffet dinner click here: https://septicsystemsofmaine.com/training/registration-2/
The following presentations may be downloaded. Please note that these do not include presentations by other participants in the training sessions except one presentation by the Department of Agriculture, nor do they count for personal development hour credits.
Left click to view, right click to save.
Beyond the Basics
Compliation PPCP video (WMV file)
- Presentation on Alternative Systems to Hancock County Planning Commission
- 2012 Basic Onsite Wastewater Installation
- 2012 Certified System Inspector
- 2012 New Local Plumbing Inspector
- 2012 Post-Rules Reality
- 2012 How and Why Systems Work
- 2012 Tales from the Tank
Division of Environmental Health
- Basic On-site Wastewater System Installation
- Ethical and Technical Issues for the Site Evaluator
- Subsurface Wastewater System Inspection
- 1998 Peat System Assessment
- Anatomy of an Investigation
- New Local Plumbing Inspector
- Basic Installer Training (2008 presentation was used.)
- Professional Ethics for Site Evaluators
- Ethics answer key
- Determining Fill Amounts & Extensions, Easements, & Groundwater Monitoring
- Engineered and Multi-User Systems
- Voluntary Inspector Training 2009
The PowerPoint file for the review of the Subsurface Wastewater Program's 2009 Site Evaluator Field Examination is available for downloading.
The PowerPoint file for the review of the Subsurface Wastewater Program's 2008 Site Evaluator Field Examination is available for downloading.
- Basic Installer Training
- Commercial & High Strength
- Local Plumbing Inspector Issues
- Septic System Maintenance
- Voluntary Inspectors
- Site Map
- Subsurface Wastewater Team Contacts
- Current Rules
- Historic Rules
- Site Evaluator Licensing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Funding for Septic Systems
- Ten Tips for Systems
- Cemeteries and Crematoria