School IPM—Training and Events
- On this page: Mandatory Training for IPM Coordinators | Presentations | On-Line Training Modules | Videos | Webinar Archive
If you missed the Turf Workshop check out the presentations below!
- within one month of appointment complete Initial Training Module [PDF or PowerPoint Show] AND
- within 12 months of appointment attend a Comprehensive Training Workshop (see schedule below) AND
- earn 1 hour of Continuing Education credit per year. To earn CE credits:
- Attend 1 hr or more of a Comprehensive IPM Workshop OR
- Participate Complete 1 or more hours of training on any topic related to environmental health, pest prevention and management, or building and grounds maintenance offered by a reliable organization such as the recorded webinars, presentations, and videos listed below. Keep a record of your participation in your Pest Management Activity Log.
Upcoming Comprehensive IPM Workshops
|June 28, 2018||8:30-noon||
Comprehensive School IPM Workshop at Educational Plant Maintenance Association* Annual Conference, Waterville High School, 1 Brooklyn Ave, Waterville, ME REGISTER.
Want to host a workshop at your school? Are you an IPM Coordinator who just can't make it to one of the required Comprehensive IPM Workshops listed above? We try to accommodate! Contact Kathy Murray at email@example.com or 287-7616 to ask about scheduling a free workshop at your school.
- Maine School IPM Coordinators Role [PDF or PPT)
- Interpreting Pesticide Labels and Record-Keeping Requirements [PDF or PPT]
- Pesticide Choice [PDF or PPT]
- Turf Pest Management [PDF or PPT]
- Ants, Mice, Bed Bugs and Other Critters: Solutions to Common and Challenging Pests [PDF or PPT]
- Got Pests? Maintenance Solutions to Pest Problems [PDF or PPT]
- Enhancing Your School IPM Program [PDF or PPT]
- Pest Specific Strategies [PDF or PPT]
- School Business Officials- New Resources for IPM [PDF or PPT]
- Weeds: IPM Strategies for Long-term Prevention of Weeds [PDF]
- Biocontrol on School Grounds [PDF]
- Turf Insect IPM [PDF]
- StopSchoolPests On-line Training Modules (free professional development training modules from IPM Institute for custodians, maintenance staff, administrators, school nurses, food service, teachers, and more).
- NEW! School IPM How-to Videos (California DPR) 5-10 mins each
- NEW! Using Disinfectants Effectively and Safely (Natl Pesticide Info Center) 22 mins
- One-Minute Training Videos (WV Dept Ag): The School IPM Minute
- 28-Minute Video: How to Conduct IPM in Schools (University of Nebraska)
- University of California:
- American Center for Educational Facilities Videos
- Effective and Efficient School Facilities Maintenance--IPM
- Defining Clean in School Facilities--Impact on Students
- School Walkthrough Series: Identifying and Solving Common Indoor Air Problems Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7
(Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry. Aired 11/17/16). see also How to Remove Winter Webs
School IPM Basics, Keeping Rodents Out, Dealing with Bedbugs, Tick Safe Schools, Managing Mosquitoes and more. (US EPA)
IPM and Asthma, Advanced IPM Techniques (GreenShield Certified program)
(US EPA SHIELDS Network)
Includes assessment guides, job checklists and staff training videos on pest management, cleaning, mold, PCBs, mercury, and more presented by school facilities staff and other experts from around the U.S.
Recorded and upcoming presentations by experts on a variety of topics you can use to identify, prevent and management pests in gardens, buildings and grounds both at school and at home. (Extension Service)