Subsurface Wastewater Unit
On this page:
The following presentations may be downloaded. Please note that these do not include presentations by other participants in the training sessions except one presentation by the Department of Agriculture, nor do they count for personal development hour credits.
Don't forget mark your calendar so that you reserve September 4, 2013 for the annual MAPSS, MAWS, MASE and SSSNNE field workshop. This year, it will be held at scenic Mt. Blue State Park in Weld, Maine. The focus of this year's workshop is similar to past years; soil evaluation and natural resource identification. Form more information contact David Rocque, State Soil Scientist, 287-2666.
Left click to view, right click to save.
Certified Installer and Local Plumbing Inspector Training (PDF file)
Certified System Inspectors (PDF file)
Beyond the Basics
History of Sewage Disposal (PDF file)
Microbiology of Septic Systems (PDF file)
Compliation PPCP video (WMV file)
- Presentation on Alternative Systems to Hancock County Planning Commission
- 2012 Basic Onsite Wastewater Installation
- 2012 Certified System Inspector
- 2012 New Local Plumbing Inspector
- 2012 Post-Rules Reality
- 2012 How and Why Systems Work
- 2012 Tales from the Tank
Division of Environmental Health
- Basic On-site Wastewater System Installation
- Ethical and Technical Issues for the Site Evaluator
- Subsurface Wastewater System Inspection
- 1998 Peat System Assessment
- Anatomy of an Investigation
- New Local Plumbing Inspector
A Microsoft PowerPoint Reader for Windows is available for those who do not have PowerPoint. Apple users will need to save the PowerPoint files, and then import them into a Mac program such as AppleWorks, Keynote, or Office for Mac. The Division is not aware of any Linux readers for PowerPoint.
- Basic Installer Training (2008 presentation was used.)
- Professional Ethics for Site Evaluators
- Ethics answer key
- Determining Fill Amounts & Extensions, Easements, & Groundwater Monitoring
- Engineered and Multi-User Systems
- Voluntary Inspector Training 2009
The PowerPoint file for the review of the Subsurface Wastewater Program's 2009 Site Evaluator Field Examination is available for downloading.
The PowerPoint file for the review of the Subsurface Wastewater Program's 2008 Site Evaluator Field Examination is available for downloading.
- Basic Installer Training
- Commercial & High Strength
- Local Plumbing Inspector Issues
- Septic System Maintenance
- Voluntary Inspectors
- Site Map
- Online Rules
- Site Evaluator Licensing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Funding for Septic Systems
- Ten Tips for Systems
- Cemeteries and Crematoria
- Public Swimming Pools