The 2013-2017 State Health Improvement Plan has been finalized, and implementation will begin soon. Implementation teams for each of the six priorities will be recruited in the next two months. The six priorities in the 2013-2017 SHIP are:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Tobacco Use
- Educate. Inform and Empower the Public
- Mobilize Community Partnerships
Team members will help develop a work plan, identify commitments that they or their organization can make towards implementation, and then meet quarterly to provide progress updates and suggest new partnerships and or revisions to the work plan. If you are interested in participating in an implementation team, please contact Nancy Birkhimer (287-5716)
Meaningful Use Stage 2 - Registration for Ongoing Submission
The Stage 2 measures for public health reporting state that an Eligible Hospital (EH) or Eligible Provider (EP) must register intent to submit ongoing submission of electronic data to the Public Health Authority (PHA) for Immunization Registries, Syndromic Surveillance, Reportable Lab Results, Cancer Registries, and Specialized Registries. Visit the Public Health section of the Office of Health Information Technology page for more information, and to install the "Register Practice Wizard" to complete the registration.
Physical and Environmental Health quick links
- * Local Health Officer Training - Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Snuggle ME is a new resource with practice guidelines for the screening and treatment of pregnant women dependent upon alcohol or other prescribed or non-prescribed substances such as methadone, buprenorphine, and oxycontin for obstetrical and pediatric providers caring for pregnant women and their newborns in Maine. The resource was developed by the Maine Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, in partnership with obstetric, pediatric, and substance abuse specialists across Maine, and Maine CDC.
Snuggle ME Screening Tool (PDF*)
Snuggle ME Guidelines (PDF*)
Snuggle ME Project (Word* | Also in PDF*)