Pets in the Parks
We realize that pets are an important part of many families, and we want everyone to enjoy Maine State Parks. To help us protect the nesting sites of endangered piping plovers and the safety of all our visitors, please observe the following pet rules:
1. Beaches - No pets are allowed on beaches from April 1 through the end of September.
- Pets are welcome on State Park beaches, provided they are leashed at all times, from October 1st through March 31st.
- No pets are allowed at Sebago Lake State Park Campground.
- All other campgrounds allow pets.
- Pet owners may be assigned picnic or campsites in a less congested area of the park.
2. Leashes - Pets must be on leash, no longer than four feet in length, and must not be left unattended.
3. Pet Waste - Pick up after your pet immediately and dispose of the pet waste properly.
- Are not considered pets.
- Horseback Riding locations at State Parks:
- If you have questions about any other State Parks please call the park manager.
Read more Rules for State Parks and Historic Sites.