UI Stakeholder Group Pursuant to Public Law 2021 Chapter 456
An Act To Amend the Laws Governing Unemployment Compensation (PDF)
During the First Regular Session of the 130th Legislature, Public Law 2021 Ch. 456, “An Act To Amend the Laws Governing Unemployment Compensation,” was passed to become law. As part of that law, the Department of Labor was tasked with bringing together a group of stakeholders to look at the following topics for discussion:
- How to connect employers with the unemployed post-pandemic.
- What changes are being made or could be made to the work share program.
- Review effectiveness of Title 26 Sec. 1044.
- Streamline and facilitate application for UI benefits that will increase access for unemployed workers.
- Creation of an employer liaison program and how that may be utilized.
- Changes to the RESEA program to increase participation.
- Review UI technology system to identify potential enhancements to improve access and streamline processes for claimants and businesses.
UI Working Group - Issues proposed Discussion Points (PowerPoint) (PDF)
September 2021 - Program Orientation (PowerPoint) (PDF)
Issues raised during Unemployment Insurance Stakeholder Group meetings (Word) (PDF)
Comments from Professional Logging Contractors of Maine (Word) (PDF)
UI Working Group Meetings
UI Working Group Meeting Presentations - Members of the public can watch the livestream on the Department’s YouTube page here: www.youtube.com/MaineDOL
UI Working Group - October 2021 Meeting Presentation (PowerPoint) (PDF)
UI Working Group - November 2021 Meeting Presentation (PowerPoint) (PDF)
UI Working Group - December 2021 Meeting Presentation (PowerPoint) (PDF)
UI Working Group - December 2021 Meeting Presentation - Members of the public can watch the livestream on the Department’s YouTube page here: www.youtube.com/MaineDOL
Please Note: This submission box is not intended for individuals to receive assistance with their unemployment insurance claims. If you have questions about your claims, please utilize the Constituent Messaging Portal or call 1-800-593-7660.