Title Examination and Information Unit
|CURRENT WAIT TIMES FOR PROCESSING OF MOTOR VEHICLE TITLES
The title backlog is unusually high due to prior Covid-19 delays in registration requirements.
Titles will be processed in the order received in the Production Unit.
Regular Issue Title
|6-8 Weeks||14-21 Business Days||14-21 Business Days|
|All time frames are based upon receipt of complete applications within the production unit and are exclusive of mail time.|
A vehicle is required to have a title in the State of Maine if it is a 1995 model year or newer.
Titles are issued for the following types of vehicles:
- All motor vehicles except special mobile equipment;
- Trailers over 3,000 lbs. (unladen weight)
- Motorcycles with engines 300 CC and over
For additional information, please select from the topics below:
- Application for Title or Duplicate Title
- Title Fees
- Types of Certificates issued
- Death of Vehicle Owner
- Before you buy a used car- Protect Yourself with NMVTIS
- Safety related issues such as vehicle recalls
Contact information for the Bureau of Motor Vehicles Title Examination and Information Unit is: (207) 624-9000, extension 52138. Email: email@example.com
Title Examination & Information Unit
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
29 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0029