The Maine Bureau of Insurance provides on this page all of the information necessary to apply as a reinsurer in Maine. If you have questions or are unable to find what you are looking for, please visit our Contact us page.
Note: A list of Maine cedents is required along with a certified copy of the current year annual statement.
- Uniform Checklist for Reciprocal Jurisdictions Reinsurers (DOCX)
- Maine Form RJ-1 (DOCX)
- List of Reciprocal Jurisdictions (PDF)
Certified Reinsurer Applicants and Approval Status
- Certified Reinsurer Application and CR-1 Form (DOC)
- List of Certified Reinsurers and Public Notice of Pending Applications
- Registration Information (PDF)
- Registration Application (DOC)
- Information for Applicant Licensed in Maine (PDF)
- Information for Applicant Not Licensed in Maine (PDF)
- Rule 740 (DOCX) (Credit for Reinsurance)
- 24-A MRSA §731-B(B-1)(B-2)(B-3) (Credit for Reinsurance)
- Rule 730 (DOC) (Standards for Acceptance of Reinsurance of Workers' Compensation Self-Insurance)
The documents on this page are also available in hard copy by contacting the Bureau.