Welcome to Assessment Literacy Basics. In these modules, you will learn about what balanced assessment systems and Summative Assessment, and why they are beneficial to students.
Presented by New Meridian and the Maine Department of Education
Module 1 - Balanced Assessment Systems
- Why is it Important To Assess Student Learning?
- Why Is It Important to Assess Students in Multiple Ways?
- Forms of Assessment
- What is a Balanced Assessment System?
Module 2 - Summative Assessment
- What is the Purpose of Statewide Summative Assessment?
- How are Statewide Summative Assessments Designed and Developed?
- What Types of Questions Do Students Answer on Statewide Summative Assessments?
- What Types of Information Do Statewide Summative Assessments Provide?
- What are the Next Generation Science Standards?
- How does the MEA-Science Measure Student Achievment of the NGSS?
Module 3 - Data-Driven Decision-Making Using Summative Assessment Data
- Data-Driven Decision-Making and it's Benefits
- Information Provided by Statewide Summative Assessment
- How Statewide Assessment Data Can Be Used in Decision-Making