DACF Home → Bureaus → Division of Animal and Plant Health → Integrated Pest Management → School IPM → School IPM Regulations
School IPM Regulations
All public and private schools serving any grades K-12 are required to adopt an IPM policy and implement IPM practices.
- Chapter 27 Standards for Pesticide Application and Public Notification in Schools (DOC)
- IPM Compliance Checklist (PDF)
Requirements include the following:
- Policy: Adopt an IPM policy. Sample IPM policy (PDF) or Sample IPM policy (DOC)
- Notices: IPM notice must be published in the school's policy manual or handbook. Customizable template (DOC)
- Planned Pesticide Application Notice: Send this notice to parents and staff five working days in advance of pesticide applications (unless exempted).
- Planned Pesticide Application Signs: Signs must be posted at
least two days in advance of pesticide applications (unless exempted).
- Report: Name and contact information of IPM Coordinator must be reported annually by September 1, via Department of Education NEO system. Log in to NEO, then use the pull-down menu to identify the IPM Coordinator in the Staff Certification Report. For assistance with NEO or to report more than one coordinator per school system contact NEO Helpdesk by email or phone: 207-624-6896.
- Record Keeping: Schools must make available upon request specific information and records (PDF) including a Pest Management Activity Log (PDF) which includes pesticide application records and documentation of all requirements associated with pesticide applications including advance parent and staff notification and signage when required.
- Step-by-step guide for assembling your Pest Management Activity Logbook (PDF).
- Sample Page 1: Monitoring/IPM (PDF) or (DOC)
- Sample Page 2: Trap and Bait Station Monitoring (PDF) or (DOC)
- Sample Page 3: Pesticide Application (PDF) or (DOC)
- Sample Disinfectant Application Record Form (PDF) or (DOC)
- Sample Disinfectant Key Record Form (PDF) or (DOC)
- Training: IPM Coordinator must complete required training