District Consultants - Maine Regional Library System (MRLS)
Consultants support a network of public, school, academic, and special libraries in Maine counties. Contact one of the district consultants by their email or call directly.
Central Maine Library District (CMLD)
- Consultant: Stephanie Zurinski
- Administrative Assistant: Cheryl Ramsay
- Location: Maine State Library
- Address: 64 State House Station, Augusta, Maine, 04333-0064
- Telephone: (207) 287-5620, 1-800-322-8899
- Fax: (207) 287-5624
- Counties Served: Androscoggin, Franklin, Kennebec, Lincoln, Oxford, Sagadahoc, Somerset
Northeastern Maine Library District (NMLD)
- Consultant: Valerie Osborne
- Administrative Assistant: Jenny Melvin
- Location: Bangor Public Library
- Address: 145 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401
- Telephone: (207) 947-8336, 1-800-427-8336
- Fax (to Bangor Public): (207) 945-6694
- Counties Served: Aroostook, Hancock, Knox, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Waldo, and Washington
Southern Maine Library District (SMLD)
- Consultant: Deborah Clark
- Administrative Assistant: Elaine Bissonnette
- Location: Portland Public Library
- Address: 5 Monument Square, Portland, ME 04101
- Telephone: (207) 871-1766
- Fax: (207) 871-1703
- Counties served: Cumberland, York and selected Oxford county towns (Brownfield, Denmark, Fryeburg, Hiram, and Lovell).
Maine Department of Education School Library/Technology Integration Coordinator
- Coordinator: Sherry Dolloff
- Location: Department of Education, Augusta
- Address: 23 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0023
- Telephone: (207) 624-6897
This section contains resources for funding library services, financial management, personnel management, policies, planning library service, policies, surveys, construction and trustee/friends relations.
Learning Opportunities like MARVEL training, online training and webinars through WebJunction, mentoring, leadership institute, professional collection listings, and CE stipends.
An annotated list of resources, recommended by the Maine Regional Library System.
- Consultant services
- Help individual libraries with management issues and building construction
- Organize continuing education and training
- Coordinate special projects
- Promote public relations activities
- Serve on statewide and regional committees
- Services for members like early literacy, book reviews, programming for seniors, volunteers, performers, Readers' Advisory (RA), autism and more
- Video conferencing for webinars and meetings
- See School Libraries for more school library services and resources
- District Councils consist of a representative from each member library or school system.
- Councils meet at least twice each year.
- Council members serve on district committees and boards.
Any public, school, academic or special library is eligible to join if it meets the criteria. Each member library appoints a representative to the district council. There is no charge for membership. To join, contact the district office for an application.
Specific to a district or service of the consultants
- Directors' listserv
- Readers' Advisory listserv
- SMLD listserv
- Youth Services
- LibWorld - LibWorld is a listserv for libraries using LibraryWorld for automation.