Job Search & Networking Skills
- Link: Job Search & Networking Skills
- Topic: Job Search, Networking Skills, Search Smart, Employment Websites
- Type: Course
- Format: LearningExpress
- Related Resource:
The job search can be overwhelming, and there are many ways you can research job positions. This course explains how to use the resources available to you, including how to select a mentor.
This course explains the most effective way to find a job. You'll receive the best information on how to: * Prepare for the job search * Use the Internet, classified ads, trade publications, and recruiters * Organize the job listings you find
In addition to job research, this course will cover the most important tips about networking. When you network, you establish and maintain contacts with people throughout your community to help you with your job search. You will learn to:
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts
- Follow networking etiquette
- Prepare questions to ask your contact(s)
By mastering these job-searching and networking techniques, you will be even closer to starting on the career path you want.