The Maine Bureau of Insurance provides on this page all of the information necessary to register a service contract provider or administrator. Contact Us if you have questions or are unable to find what you are looking for.
- Service Contract Provider/Administrator Registration Information/Checklist (PDF)
- Registration Application for Service Contract Provider and Service Contract Administrator (DOCX)
- Unconditional Guaranty form (PDF)
- Appointment of Resident Agent to Receive Service of Process (DOCX)
Service Contract Provider/Administrator registration renewals are due November 1st of each year and to start the renewal process, the renewal notices are generally sent out in late August. Renewal notices will be emailed to those that have provided an email address; those that have not provided an email address will receive their notice by mail. Renewals cannot be completed online at this time and must be returned to the address indicated on the renewal notice. A renewal application must be completed annually and returned to the Bureau of Insurance with the renewal payment.
Corporate Authorization to do Business in Maine
NOTE: Foreign Corporations, Foreign Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, or Limited Liability Partnerships (Title 31 §852) may also be required to apply to the Maine Secretary of State for authority to do business in Maine. See Secretary of State website for additional information. http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/corp.
- Company Renewal Dates and Fees (PDF)
- Fee Schedule - (Scroll to Item 30)
- Authorization of Credit Card Payment (DOCX)
Update Contact Information
Requesting Confidential Treatment of Documents
The documents on this page are also available in hard copy by contacting the Bureau.