Document Management Services is a computerized system that electronically captures, stores, and organizes documents and information. The documents and information are stored on network servers, allowing any user with the correct security access to view the files from anywhere on the network. Document Management includes tools to organize, sort, index, and search for documents and information.
Document Management allows agencies to:
- Retrieve documents electronically with better searching capabilities from any location around the world
- Be “paperless” and save space with streamlined processes
- Expose internal documents to other agencies, the public and other outside entities securely
- License cost and annual maintenance of Document Management licensing
- Full server support, including service packs
- Helpdesk support of all Document Management products
- Additional training of users after the initial training has been completed and covered by the project cost
Service Level Targets & Availability
The standard production published service level agreements can be viewed at the following link: Standard_SLA_CTS_Production Services
A formal SLA has not been developed specific to this service
Service Rates: Please see the MaineIT Rate Table
If you would like to receive a quote for these services, please provide the following information when contacting us and fill out this excel form.
- How many users?
- Are there special needs for security with various groups or do all people have the same access? Edit, scan, view?
- Will you be using a backend database to populate fields in Document Management? In other words, would you like to populate one piece of data and expect Document Management to pull from a database you have in your agency for the remaining fields? (i.e., you enter a Client ID and it populates the name, DOB, SSN, etc.)
- Do all the documents you want to scan have the same indexing field requirements?
- Do you have barcodes to index from?
- Are you using barcodes to separate multiple documents or scanning one document at a time?
- Will this be train-the-trainer or Document Management group training the entire staff?
- What type of scanning equipment will you be using? Do you need recommendations?
- Is there any workflow involved that you would expect Document Management to do?
- Explain your current process and what you are trying to do with this new functionality.
- Standard coverage is 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday
- 24x7 coverage is available for systems with a specific need for this type of coverage; to have 24x7 coverage, MaineIT needs to receive a written business justification; once justification has been approved, MaineIT works with the business on a service level agreement for the specific systems
- Additional charges associated with extended coverage will be defined in the SLA
There is a one-time setup charge of $500 for ImageIt to be configured for a new project.
Options Available for Additional Charge
- Document Management Imagelt integration with desktop applications varies according to complexity
- Document Management portal, which will allow for deployment of documents through the Internet
- If a test environment is needed, it is the customer's responsibility for all charges associated with that environment (hardware, software, licenses etc.)
- If additional licenses are required for a large project, the customer is charged the initial license base
- Added components that are not part of the enterprise environment will be charged directly to the customer
- All projects are completed for a one-time fee of $65.00 per hour, which will be estimated and itemized in an abbreviated project charter
- Scanner hardware and maintenance will be quoted and billed to the Agency
- Any storage will be charged the converged storage published rate of $0.30 per gigabyte per month
- All project work is billable
- All audit related work is billable
- All costs associated with Indefinite Hold requests will be direct billed
- Work with analyst to provide requirements and commitment to test and accept system
- Disclosures of any/all security requirements
- Billing for services will start as of the time the ticket is received for the request for any production service.
- If a test environment is requested, those services will be billed upon receiving the ticket for the request
- A ticket needs to be received to remove the service for it not to be billed
- No credits will be processed without a ticket
- Core Technology needs to maintain a “maintenance window”; this allows for routine maintenance on the backup infrastructure components; Core Technology coordinates and provides this service after business hours
- If MaineIT has a need for equipment to be located in buildings outside of its main datacenters, access to these buildings needs to be granted to support staff during normal business hours
- If there is a 24x7 requirement for this equipment or any system supported by this equipment, access to the building needs to be 24x7 as well as 24-hour network support for the building
- Physical access to the hardware is required by MaineIT for the maintenance period
To get help or order this service
- Call MaineIT Service Center at 624-7700
- Enter a Footprints service request
If the published SLA is not met, the issues can be escalated to the next priority level by any of the following methods:
- Call MaineIT Service Center at 624-7700
- Contact Production Service Manager