Home → Outreach Services
About Our Outreach Services
Programs are administered by the Maine State Library and funded by the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
For the Blind or Reading Impaired, Text Resizing Help
- Talking Books Program, including BARD (Braille and Audio Reading Download)
- Large Print Books Services
- Fill out an application for Talking Books and Large Print services at the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS).
- Already registered to order Talking Books or Large Print? Online Request Form
- Search online catalog
- Are you eligible? Homebound Application for Books By Mail
- Telephone: (207) 287-5650 or Toll-Free 1-800-762-7106
- FAX: 207-287-5654
- Postal Address: 64 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
- Contact Outreach by an online form
Other Services Administered by Outreach Staff
Books by Mail: Towns Without Full-service Libraries
- For Maine citizens whose towns are without full-service libraries (Full-service library: defined as one which is open more than 12 hours per week).
We provide support services for public libraries, such as programming packets; Large Print deposit collections; and a Statewide Summer Reading Program. Libraries may also choose to become Talking Books Service Centers.