Maine State Library Books-By-Mail Program Now Part of URSUS Catalog System
- Instructions for accessing the URSUS and MaineCat catalogs
- Frequently Asked Questions for Using Books By Mail Online
New Catalog for Books-By-Mail Patrons
Beginning, Tuesday, August 18, Books-By-Mail patrons can begin requesting titles in the URSUS catalog system. If you aren't able to find the title you need in URSUS, you can search and request the item through the MaineCat catalog.
What does this mean for Books by Mail Patrons?
- You will retain your library card, and you will continue to receive the same access to MARVEL databases, the Maine State Infonet Download library, and you will continue to be served by our Books-By-Mail staff.
- You will continue to see the Books-By-Mail collection when you perform online searches. You will now have easier access to titles in the general collection of the Maine State Library, and the collections of other URSUS libraries.
- You will no longer see the same collections from other libraries in the Minerva system, but you will be able to search those catalogs using MaineCat catalog.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-762-7106.
Books-By-Mail is a program of Maine State Library's Outreach Services, funded by the Library Services and Technology Act grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the Maine State Library.
Share a Comment
- Let us know what you think about this article.