Books By Mail
What is Books By Mail?
Books By Mail is a program of Maine State Library's Outreach Services, funded by the Library Services and Technology Act grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the Maine State Library.
Books By Mail provides library materials via U.S. Postal Service to the following individuals:
- residents of Maine communities that do not have a full-service library and do not pay for library services at a nearby community; and
- Maine residents who are homebound for medical reasons.
How Does a Person Register?
- For people in towns that are eligible: Print out the registration
form and mail it in.
- For homebound residents: Print out the homebound service application and mail it in.
- Call us toll free at 1-800-762-7106 if you need help or have questions
How Does Books By Mail Work?
Using your library card is your key to ordering Books By Mail online through the Minerva catalog.
No computer? No problem! Just send in your order the way you always do.
If you have any questions, call Outreach Services at 1-800-762-7106, or contact us and fill out an information request form.