The Maine WIC Program seeks to supplement nutrition for pregnant women, babies and young children. Fresh fruits and vegetables are an important part of that nutrition, and it's important to us to make sure Maine families have access to good, locally grown products.
The purpose of Maine WIC Farmer's Market Nutrition Program is to increase use of fresh, unprocessed locally grown fruits and vegetables by WIC-supported families, increase their awareness of Farmers Markets in support of local food production.
When a farmer is authorized as a WIC Farmer, among other responsibilities, the Farmer agrees to:
- Provide at least 50% Maine grown fruits and vegetables
- Have a device able to accept WIC & FMNP benefits
(Android OS or iPhone IOS) with cellular service or WIFI
- Display a sign stating WIC Accepted
- Have Defined hours of operation
- Have a full-time attendant during hours of operation
- Provide Hanidcapped acceessible location
- Provide Enclosed structure (tent/roof)
- Adhere to WIC Program rules
- Offer Program clients the same courtesy as other customers.
- Inform Maine CDC, WIC Nutrition Program of any schedule or location change
Any Maine farmer may apply to become an authorized WIC farmer. There is no charge for application.
2022 WIC Farmer Hours
Let us promote your business, complete the following information.
Farmer Season & Hours of Operation Form
Help Make Our Program Better
WIC farmers play an important role assisting clients to obtain appropriate WIC foods. We value your input and suggestions. Contact us.
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Phone: (207) 287-3991
In-state Toll Free:
TTY: Maine relay 711
- Mailing address:
11 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
Phone Numbers for
your local WIC clinic
- Auburn: 207-795-4016
- Augusta: 207-626-6350
- Bangor: 207-992-4570
- Bath: 207-442-7963
- Belfast: 207-338-1267
- Biddeford: 207-283-2402
- Calais: 207-454-3634
- East Wilton: 207-645-3764
- Ellsworth: 207-667-5304
- Machias: 207-255-8280
- Portland: 207-553-5800
- Presque Isle: 207-768-3026
- Rockland: 207-594-4329
- Sanford: 207-459-2942
- Skowhegan: 207-861-3593
- Waterville: 207-861-3580