Potato field in full bloom.
The mission of the Division of Quality Assurance and Regulations is to provide marketing assistance and consumer protection for Maine's agriculture, industry, and citizens. The Division ensures that a safe, high quality food supply is maintained, that weighing and measuring devices used in commerce are correct, and that standards used in law enforcement are properly calibrated and accurate.
The Quality Assurance Program enhances marketing opportunities for Maine companies and producers by ensuring that Agricultural commodities produced in Maine meet or exceed minimum quality standards. This assurance results in increased consumer confidence, fostering an increase in business and profitability.
- Guidelines for Using Hemp or CBD in Consumable Products (PDF) - The guidelines linked before are for use by DHHS and DACF retail inspection staff. They will be enforced beginning December 1, 2019. Please note that state and federal statutory changes and rulemaking are ongoing and may alter any of the above conditions and/or add new conditions.
Augusta Office: (207) 287-3841
- Celeste Poulin, Director
- Aaron Austin, Inspection Program Manager
- Michelle Newbegin, Inspection Process Analyst Coordinator
Presque Isle Office: (207) 764-2100
- Jeff Gagnon, Sr. Inspection Process Analyst Coordinator (State/Federal Inspection Services)
- Joe Brooker, Inspection Process Analyst Coordinator (207) 764-2115
State relay number for the hearing impaired or for inquiries about aids for the visually impaired (documents in large print or Braille): (207) 287-3200