iMapInvasives - Report It!
- map invasive plant infestations
- facilitate early detection and rapid response to new invasive species and infestations
- track invasive species control efforts, to help improve best practices and outcomes over time
- query data more finely and see individual records
- create a presence record to outline an area of infestation, and record the severity of and other information about the infestation
- record areas where you have searched and whether or not you found anything
- record treatments you have done and monitor their success
What is iMap?
iMap is a free web-based map and database that shows where invasive species are on Maine's landscape.
Anyone in Maine can use iMap for information about invasive plants and animals in our state. A map of confirmed invasive species records is available to anyone, including non-registered users.
Please note that iMapInvasives works best in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
iMap can be an effective tool for citizen groups, landowners, and land managers. Registered users can use iMap to:
For more information at the national level, please visit the iMap homepage.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about training opportunities.
Can I report an invasive species without setting up a user account?
At this time, no. We encourage you to create your own iMap account.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about invasive species in Maine