Pests can be insects, weeds, fungi, mice and other animals, or microorganisms, like bacteria and viruses. Before you swat, stamp, or spray, know your enemy and, most importantly, know that it is an enemy, and not a beneficial or harmless plant or animal.
Do you know the name of your pest?
If not, select from the options below.
Where is it found?
What kind of pest is it?
Teaching kids to identify and manage pests?
K-12 IPM Curricula
- Maine Integrated Pest Management Council
- Maine Board of Pesticides Control
- Maine Natural Areas Invasive Plants
- Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
- Maine YardScaping
- University of Maine Cooperative Extension IPM for Maine Homeowners
- Have Your Pest Identified (Diagnostic Lab)
- USDA APHIS Wildlife Services