Be careful around mosquitoes! EEE has been found in mosquitoes and an emu in Maine.
- Press Release—State of Maine
- Vector-borne Diseases—Maine CDC
- Mosquitoes— GotPests?
- Includes links to a lot of information on control, repellents, diseases, companies offering mosquito control in Maine and more.
- Repellent Use & Safety—US CDC
Pollinator Health and Safety Conference
The University of Maine Cooperative Extension and the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry are co-sponsoring the Pollinator Health and Safety Conference to bring together farmers, bee-keepers, entomologists, policy-makers and others interested in protecting pollinators. State and national experts on pollinators, bee-keeping, and pesticides will share the latest scientific research on factors affecting pollinator health and best practices for their protection.
November 20, 2014, 8:00 am—4:30 pm.
- Obsolete Pesticide Collection—Do you have old, unusable pesticides? BPC and DEP will help you dispose of them for free. Register by September 26 to participate!
- Next Board Meeting: September 12, 2014
- Current Rulemaking to Chapters 20,22, 28, 31, 32 and 41
Useful Information on our Website
- Pollinator Protection
- Environmental Risk Assessment Committee (ERAC)
- Important Warning Regarding Persistent Herbicides [PDF]; Herbicide Carryover Customer Acknowledgement Sample Form [PDF]
- Presentations from the 2014 General Recertification Sessions
- 2014 Notification Registry [PDF or XLS spreadsheet]
- Licensing and Certification (Applicators and Distributors)
- Pesticide Registration
- Water Quality Program
- School IPM
- Worker Protection Standard
- Best Management Practices
- Maine YardScaping Partnership
- Bt Corn
- Container Recycling
- Obsolete Pesticide Collection
- Municipalities with Pesticide Ordinances
- Aquatic Herbicides
- Critical Pesticide Control Areas
- Pesticide Notification: Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Chapter 26—Standards for Indoor Pesticide Applications and Notification for All Occupied Buildings Except K-12 Schools