Pesticide Applicator Exam Training for Growers
- Next Board Meeting: January 14, 2015, 3:00 pm at the Agricultural Trades Show, Augusta Civic Center. Open Forum 3:00-4:00 pm.
- Congratulations to the YardScaping Gardens at Back Cove, Portland volunteers for the Mayor's Proclamation recognizing their hard work.
- At the October 24, 2014 meeting the Board adopted amendments to Chapters 20, 22, 28, 31, 32 and 41.
- On November 20, 2014 the University of Maine Cooperative Extension and the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry co-sponsored the Pollinator Health and Safety Conference. Presentations are posted for viewing.
Useful Information on our Website
- Pollinator Protection
- Environmental Risk Assessment Committee (ERAC)
- Important Warning Regarding Persistent Herbicides [PDF]; Herbicide Carryover Customer Acknowledgement Sample Form [PDF]
- Presentations from the 2014 General Recertification Sessions
- 2014 Notification Registry [PDF or XLS spreadsheet]
- Licensing and Certification (Applicators and Distributors)
- Pesticide Registration
- Water Quality Program
- School IPM
- Worker Protection Standard
- Best Management Practices
- Maine YardScaping Partnership
- Bt Corn
- Container Recycling
- Obsolete Pesticide Collection
- Municipalities with Pesticide Ordinances
- Aquatic Herbicides
- Critical Pesticide Control Areas
- Pesticide Notification: Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Chapter 26—Standards for Indoor Pesticide Applications and Notification for All Occupied Buildings Except K-12 Schools
Learn how to manage a pest (GotPests? site)