Nutrient Management Program Education
2022 Agricultural Trades Show Program
Each one-hour talk qualifies for 1 Nutrient Management Recertification Credit. To obtain each credit, fill out the Webcast Planner Credit Reporting Form (DOCX).
- Cover Crops for Interseeding in Small Grains: Can We Do Better than Medium Red Clover? (YouTube) Ellen Mallory, Extension Specialist and Professor of Sustainable Agriculture, University of Maine Cooperative Extension. (37 minutes)
- Soil and Fertility Management for Hemp Production (Maine.edu). John Jemison, Extension Educator and Professor, University of Maine Cooperative Extension. (57 minutes)
- Carbon and Agriculture: A Brief Overview of the Role of Agriculture in the Global Carbon Cycle (YouTube). Andrew Carpenter, Soil Scientist, and Owner, Northern Tilth. (37 minutes)
- Forage Cropping Systems for Improved Soil Health (YouTube). Rick Kersbergen, Extension Educator and Professor, University of Maine Cooperative Extension.
- Sustainable Soils for Livestock – Risk Assessment in Context. Anne Lichtenwalner, DVM PhD, Associate Professor Animal & Veterinary Sciences University of Maine Cooperative Extension, and Director, University of Maine Animal Health Laboratory, and Students.
- Assessing Gastropods as Parasite Vectors: Reducing Risks on Maine Farms (Maine.edu). Rachel White. (8 minutes)
- Staph Aureus Mastitis in Maine Dairy Cattle (YouTube), Morgan Belvin. (15 minutes)
- A Comparison of the Contributions of Management Practices to Intestinal Parasite Control in Companion and Production Pigs (YouTube), Kianna Dean. (10 minutes)
- Assessing Maine’s Microplastic Risk in Agricultural Systems (YouTube), Denise Cole (10 minutes)
- Part 1: A Brief Introduction to Composting Biology (YouTube), Mark F. Hedrich, Nutrient Management Program Manager, Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry (32 minutes); & Part 2: Responding to Unusual Mortality Events (YouTube), Mark A. King, Organics Management Specialist, Division of Materials Management, Maine Department of Environmental Protection (15 minutes).
For more information contact Mark Hedrich at email@example.com or (207) 287-7608.