DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Agriculture → Agricultural Resource Development Division → Grants and Loans
Grants and Loans for Agriculture
The Department has a number of grant and loan programs available to agricultural producers and food processors. Please see the listing below and contact the individual involved for further information. To receive updates on any of the programs, including details on future requests for proposals, please sign up with your email in the adjacent box.
- Agricultural Development Grant - This program provides cost-share grants to conduct market promotion, market research and development, value-added processing, and new technology demonstration projects.
- Agricultural Infrastructure Investment Program - A one-time funding opportunity available to farmers and food processors for infrastructure and equipment purchases. AIIP is not expected to open for proposals again.
- Agricultural Marketing Loan Fund - AMLF finances projects that build and enhance the viability of agricultural and aquaculture enterprises throughout the state at reasonable rates and terms. AMLF is currently open for applications.
- Dairy Improvement Fund - DIF provides financing to help Maine dairy businesses undertake projects to enhance the viability and vitality of the farm, and improve the manufacturing, marketability, and production of their products at a 1% fixed interest rate.
- Maine Farms for the Future - FFF is a competitive grant program that supports Maine farmers in developing and implementing ideas to improve farm profitability.
- Rural Rehabilitation Trust Fund - RRTF can provide low-interest loans to farmers purchasing breeding stock or feeder cattle, or capital improvement loans to agricultural fairs.
- USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program - SCBG is a competitive grant program that funds market research, market promotion, and new technology projects to benefit specialty crop producers.