Maine Public Libraries Annual Report Survey
The next Annual Report opens January 2013 and must be submitted on or before April 1, 2013.
Starting Your Annual Report
- Locate and test your username and password to login into Bibliostat [http://collect.btol.com/]. Logins and passwords are the same as last year. If you can't find it, contact your consultant.
- Print a copy of the instructions. [Word, 29KB This file requires either Microsoft Word or the Word Viewer.]
- Login to Bibliostat, print a copy of last year's survey.
After logged in, choose Printing on the top navigation bar. This will allow you to print a working copy with last year's data. This is very helpful to see what data to gather before you actually start entering information.
Set the Print Preferences for: "Print Entire Survey", "Section 1...", and the radio button, "With Current Year and Last Year's Data".
Choose then print the PDF with last year's data.
- Compile your library's statistics for input. When finished, submit.
- For help, contact your district office. If not available, contact Jenny Melvin, State Data Coordinator
207-947-8336 ext 116 or 1-800-427-8336 or email@example.com.
Major Changes for the 2012 Annual Report
- Section 5: Collection - This section is broken down as follows:
Children?s Print Books (include YA)
Adult Print Books
Electronic Books (exclude Project Gutenberg)
Audio Materials-Physical Units
Audio Materials-Downloadable Titles (exclude LibriVox)
- Section 5: Licensed Databases: Local/Other Cooperative Agreements is now combined.
- Section 6: Circulation - This section is broken down as follows:
Children?s Circulation: Print Materials, eBooks, Audiobooks, Total Children?s Circulation
Adult Circulation: Print Materials, eBooks, Audiobooks, Total Adult Circulation
- Many fields in the survey have been prefilled for you. Please take the time to check that the information is still current. If you need to make a change, click inside the field and type in the new data.
- After submitting your survey in Bibliostat, you will be able to log back in and print your survey. If you need to make changes to the data entered, you will need to contact Jenny Melvin.
- Data Definitions can be found under the Instructions tab when you login to Bibliostat.
- How to handle E-rate
- Tips, hints & help
- Be prepared for the annual report; keep statistics all year. Try using one of the sample worksheets.
- Calculators from Colorado’s Library Research Service:
- Wage Calculator: This wage calculator allows you to enter an hourly, weekly, monthly, or annual salary, and see what that translates into for the other time periods.
- Random Date Generator: This random date generator allows users to generate a number of random dates for any calendar year, allowing for limiters such as the ability to exclude specific days of the week and allowing a maximum number of dates per month