Organizational Storytelling for Librarians
- Link: Organizational Storytelling for Librarians
- Topic: Marketing & Advocacy - Advocacy
- Level: Elective
- Sponsor: Infopeople
- Format: archived webinar
- Contact Hours: 1.0
This webinar will cover the basics of organizational storytelling and will give examples of its uses in communicating vision, managing change, and creating community. Special guest Waynn Pearson, former City Librarian of the Cerritos (CA) Library, will talk about telling stories through architecture as he describes the narratives embedded in the Cerritos Library building dedicated in 2002.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Understand organizational storytelling as an effective communication tool for leadership, based on the concept as used in business settings and as applied to libraries.
- Understand the potential of one’s own personal and professional stories to better communicate as a leader
- Identify a variety of specific uses of organizational storytelling, including communicating vision and values, building community, navigating change, advocating for libraries, and telling stories through library buildings.
- Access additional relevant resources.
See "View Archive" - top right side.