Leadership Essentials 8: Creating Your Own Leadership Development Plan
- Link: Leadership Essentials 8: Creating Your Own Leadership Development Plan
- Topic: Management - Organizational Leadership
- Level: Elective
- Sponsor: WebJunction
- Format: self paced online
- Contact Hours: 1
NOTE: You must have a WebJunction Learning account to access this course. Click on the link above and then click on Go To Courses in the teal box in the middle of the page to the right. Enter your learning account login and password. Follow the path below to find the course.
Under Subject Area Menu > Management > Lead & Manage > Leadership Essentials 8: Creating Your Own Leadership Development Plan
Creating your own leadership development plan is a significant part of any successful and valuable leadership-development strategy. Leadership development plans help to ensure that you remain focused on what is required to continually grow and develop as a leader. This includes assessing your own style, values, and requirements, as well as identifying development goals, objectives, and actions. This course explores ways to assess yourself as a leader, establish a vision for the future, and identify obstacles to that vision. It also teaches practical approaches for setting development goals, objectives, and actions designed to move you toward your vision. Lastly, it provides useful criteria for evaluating a personal leadership development plan.
- identify the key results of a leader's self-assessment process
- recognize strategies for formulating your leadership vision and approaching potential obstacles to that vision
- choose appropriate objectives and actions for a leadership development plan, in a given scenario
- recognize strategies designed to help sustain leadership development
- determine whether a leadership development plan exhibits key characteristics