Leadership Essentials 4: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Link: Leadership Essentials 4: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Topic: Management - Organizational Leadership
- Level: Elective
- Sponsor: WebJunction
- Format: self paced online
- Contact Hours: 1
NOTE: You must have a WebJunction Learning account to access this course. Click on the link above and then click on Go To Courses in the teal box in the middle of the page to the right. Enter your learning account login and password. Follow the path below to find the course.
Under Subject Area Menu > Management > Lead & Manage > Leadership Essentials 4: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
Poised, outgoing, cheerful, having empathy for others, being able to express feelings directly but appropriately, and having the capacity for developing relationships. All of these abilities distinguish individuals with high emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is a more reliable predictor of success than intellect! Leaders with a strong mixture of emotional awareness, self-management, and social skills navigate relationships more effectively and are more likely to be successful in their personal and professional lives. This course provides you with an understanding of why emotional intelligence abilities are important as a leader. It also provides you with practical, positive techniques for promoting and improving emotional intelligence as a leader within your business environment. Materials designed to support blended learning activities aligned with this course are available from the Resources Page.
Expected Duration (hours) 1.0
- recognize why emotional intelligence is important in the workplace
- match emotional intelligence competencies to their associated domains
- recognize which perception competencies need improvement and recommend techniques for cultivating them, in a given scenario
- choose actions that demonstrate emotional intelligence in controlling emotions
- recognize actions that demonstrate emotional intelligence in facilitating