Generating Creative and Innovative Ideas: Enhancing Your Creativity
- Link: Generating Creative and Innovative Ideas: Enhancing Your Creativity
- Topic: Management - Staff Development
- Level: Elective
- Sponsor: WebJunction
- Format: self paced online
- Contact Hours: 1
NOTE: You must have a WebJunction Learning account to access this course. Click on the link above and then click on Go To Courses in the teal box in the middle of the page to the right. Enter your learning account login and password. Follow the path below to find the course.
Under Subject Area Menu > Customer Service & Interpersonal Skills > Personal Learning > Generating Creative and Innovative Ideas: Enhancing Your Creativity
What makes a person creative? Do you consider yourself creative? Certain personal characteristics have been linked with creativity – for example, a willingness to take risks, the ability to connect diverse ideas, and open-mindedness. And most important, perhaps, is believing that you are creative. Many people get stuck because they think 'I'm not a creative person.' But everyone has creative potential. Understanding the characteristics you possess that boost your creativity and those that inhibit it can help you enhance your creative output in the workplace. This course explores the essential attributes of a creative person. It also describes barriers to creativity and how to overcome these. In addition, it demonstrates how you can enhance your creativity in the workplace.
- recognize the importance of various personal characteristics of creative people
- recognize ways to overcome personal barriers to creativity
- match techniques for enhancing creativity with examples of how to execute them
- identify the benefits of being creative