Time Management: Planning and Prioritizing Your Time
- Link: Time Management: Planning and Prioritizing Your Time
- Topic: Management - Interpersonal Skills
- Level: Basic
- Sponsor: WebJunction
- Format: self paced online
- Contact Hours: 1
NOTE: You must have a WebJunction Learning account to access this course. Click on the link above and then click on Go To Courses in the teal box in the middle of the page to the right. Enter your learning account login and password. Follow the path below to find the course.
Under Subject Area Menu > Management > Library Management > Time Management: Planning and Prioritizing Your Time
Managing time effectively entails analyzing your goals, breaking those goals into tasks, and then prioritizing those tasks. This isn't always easy or clear cut, given the number of tasks you may need to complete. But if you set clear and measurable goals and then develop an effective to-do list, you'll find prioritizing your many tasks is easier. And, in the end, you'll manage your time better. This course focuses on ways to prioritize your workload. It discusses how to prepare a useful to-do list and prioritize the items on it. The course also outlines how to sequence and queue tasks to help improve your time management. Finally, it describes how to estimate time frames so you can schedule your tasks effectively and meet your deadlines.
Expected Duration (hours) 1.0
- prioritize tasks from a given to-do list
- identify which criteria have been applied in a given to-do list
- recognize the type of things that should be considered when sequencing tasks
- identify when to use different queuing methods
- use the time frames equation to estimate the shortest possible completion time for a given task