Local Government Education and Training
Managing Your Local Government Records (pdf, 867KB)
Records Management Advice Bulletins - These have been written for State agencies but many will apply for local agencies also.
Conducting a Records Inventory - These have been prepared for State agencies but are standard forms. It would be recommended for local agencies to conduct an inventory and know what records are being produced and retained within the office.
- How to Conduct a Records Inventory.pdf
- Preliminary Inventory Form.doc
- Maine State Archives Inventory Form.doc
- Inventory Form Instructions.doc
- Inventory Worksheet.doc
National Archives Training
- Introduction to Records and Information Management - The Council of State Archivists (CoSA) created this 90-minute narrated presentation as an introduction to basic records management. The presentation must be downloaded from the COSA website and requires Adobe’s free ShockWave player, which is a browser plug-in.