Disaster Preparedness, Response & Recovery Resources
Maine Facilitated Disaster Planning Project
A one-year program to facilitate disaster planning at cultural organizations all over Maine. A team of trained facilitators will work directly with a broad range of museums, libraries, archives and town offices, helping them develop a plan appropriate for their specific circumstances.
There will be two rounds of facilitated planning – one in the fall, from September – December, and one in the spring, from February – May. Organizations must apply to participate: those interested in the fall round may apply now to the Maine Cultural Emergency Resource Coalition; applications for the spring round will be open in November.
Essential Records (from COSA webinars/handouts)
- Overview of Essential Records (pdf, 177 kb)
- Risk Assessment (pdf, 82 kb)
- Protection Strategies (pdf, 78 kb)
- Access Priorities (pdf, 147 kb)
Disaster Preparedness (from COSA webinars/handouts)
- Develop Your Records Emergency Action Plan, Initial Steps (doc 1.08 MB / pdf 1.03 MB)
- Response Plan Template, Health and Safety, Response Checklist (doc 105 kb / pdf 159 kb)
- Special Procedures, After Action Plan, Drying Methods (doc 145 kb / pdf 496 kb)
- Pocket Response Plan (PReP) Template (doc 1.87 MB/ pdf 1.40 MB)