Agencies FAQs

For more information, visit our section for Agencies.

How do we print our license?

The current process is for us to email a copy of the initial license to the primary/business email address provided at the time of application.  The email will generally be sent within 24-72 hours after license approval and will come from  

Duplicate licenses can be downloaded or emailed by visiting  You will need your Maine license number and Access Code.

How do we get a copy of our license?

You can request a duplicate copy of your license here. Go into the ALMSOnline service using your license number and Access Code.  Once submitted, the license will be automatically emailed to the primary email address you provide.

If you prefer to receive a hard copy of the license in the mail, you can request the duplicate by completing the paper Duplicate License Request form.  The fee is $10 and the license will be mailed within two weeks.

How do we renew our license? What is the fee?

Renewal can be processed via or via the ALMS Online service on our website If you prefer to renew manually, please wait to receive your renewal invoice via email and follow the instructions on the invoice. Invoices are emailed 90 days prior to the renewal due date. Renewal Dates and Fees can be found here.

Late Renewals

Renewals submitted after the due date will be assessed an additional $25 late fee. Late renewals may be submitted electronically via or by submitting payment directly to the Bureau of Insurance with credit or debit card information. If you prefer to pay by check, please make it payable to Treasurer, State of Maine. Please wait to receive your late renewal notice via email and follow the payment instructions on the notice.

There is no expiration date on our license.  What is our renewal date?

Resident agency renewal dates are 12/01/even years. Non-resident agency renewal dates are 04/01/odd years.

How do we change our contact information?

Address/Contact information can be changed 1 of 2 ways from our website here.

  1. Electronically via ALMS Online with an access code.  This will change your information for Maine only.

  2. Via paper form which can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed.  This will change your information for Maine only

Please note, changing the business entity address does not automatically update that same information for the individual producers affiliated to the entity.

How do we terminate our license?

Please complete the Business Entity Voluntary Termination Form (PDF) or Business Entity Voluntary Termination Form (DOCX).

How does a business entity change its DRLP?  Can there be more than one DRLP?

An entity can change its Designated Responsible Licensed Producer either by paper or electronically using the access code from the website here. In Maine, there can only be 1 designated DRLP.

How do we obtain our Access Code?

Access Codes are included in the email with your initial license. If you do not have your access code, please submit your request via e-mail at or call 207-624-8475 and request Producer Licensing.

How do we submit an application?

Applications can be submitted electronically via or by downloading the paper application at and submit by e-mail, fax or regular mail.

What are the application fees?

The resident business entity application and licensee fee is $45.  The non-resident business entity application and license fee is $85.

As an agency, what lines of authority can we apply for?

Agencies in Maine do not hold lines of authority. The agency is authorized by the affiliated individuals’ lines of authority.

How does our agency update its Officer/Director information?

You can submit any Officer/Director changes via our website at They can also be submitted in writing either by e-mail, fax or mail.  We do not have a designated form at this time.

Our business entity has had a name change.  What do we do?

If there is no change to the Federal Tax ID number (FEIN) for the entity, simply complete the Name Change form found on our website here.  There is no fee, UNLESS you want a new license printed which the fee is then $10.  If, however, there is a change to the FEIN, it is considered a new entity and you must go through the application process.

How do we submit an affiliation and is there a fee?

Affiliations can be done either by paper or electronically using the access code from our website here. There is NO fee for a new affiliation or to terminate an affiliation.

How do we register a branch location?

A branch office is any office location, other than the primary location of the licensed business entity, that regularly conducts insurance business or that is advertised as a place where the public may contact the business entity or its employees concerning insurance services.  Branches may be registered either electronically or by paper from our website here.  The fee is $25.

Our branch location has moved.  How do we update this information?

Branches are registered specifically by location.  Therefore, if there has been a physical address change, the branch will need to submit a new branch registration form and fee. 

How do we contact the Licensing Section?