ACA Individual and Small Group Plans Rate Calculator Instructions
The Bureau of Insurance has created a calculator to make it easy for you to see the estimated rate for each of the individual plans available to you and your family members (both on and off the Marketplace), based on your age and county.
How to Use the Bureau’s Individual Health Plan Calculator:
- Enter: the number of family members who need insurance and their county of residence
- Enter: the age of each family member in the grid that appears.
- Click: the "Click Here to Calculate Rates" button.
**The estimated premium cost associated with each plan available to you will be calculated in yellow in the right-most column.
If you need assistance with the calculator, contact Joshua Winters by email at Joshua.D.Winters@maine.gov or by telephone at 207-624-8410 (TTY call Maine Relay 711).
NOTE: These rates do NOT reflect any subsidies. Subsidies are only for On-Exchange plans available through the Marketplace at CoverME.gov and can be estimated for you there by answering a few questions online.
- Not all plans are available in every county. If a plan is not available in your county the Monthly Rate will show a "N/A" when you hit the “Click Here to Estimate Rates” button.
- Catastrophic Plans are only available for people aged 30 and under, or for people who qualify for a "hardship or affordability exemption.” If you are approved for a hardship exemption, you should call the CoverME.gov Consumer Assistance Center at 866-636-0355 (TTY 711), for help enrolling. When you call, be prepared to provide the Exemption Certificate Number (ECN) you receive with your approval, as well as details of the plan you wish to enroll in.
- The family deductible is twice the amount of the individual deductible and the out of pocket (OOP) maximum for a family is twice the OOP of an individual, capped at $18,200 per family for 2023 ($17,400 per family for the year 2022).
- Plans labelled on-exchange are also available off-exchange. Plans labelled off-exchange are only available off-exchange.
Refer to our glossary of terms for assistance with definitions used in the plan and rate tables.