InforME operates through a public-private partnership model. The private partner, Maine Information Network, entered into a long term $0 contract with the State of Maine.
InforME is entirely self-funded with no state appropriated funding.
InforME offers flexible funding options to meet the needs of agencies. Projects can be funded under a transaction/subscription fee model, time and materials model, or hybrid of the two.
Transaction Fee & Subscription Funded Projects
- Some services are funded by the agency dedicating a portion of the existing statutory fee to the network for those transactions that pass through the portal. Other services have an added Maine.gov fee or agent fee paid by the user.
- Revenue provided by fee-based services funds the development of no-cost information and services to benefit Maine's citizens and businesses.
- Revenue provided by fee-based services funds the InforME data center, service maintenance, customer support, marketing and hosting.
Time and Materials Fixed Price Projects
- Agencies may work directly with InforME without the need for RFP.
- Most of the services developed by InforME under this model are not transaction-based or do not collect fees from an end user, such as website design, database development, or online searches.
For more information about project pricing please submit a project request to InforME.