Home → Municipalities → Dog Licensing
InforME offers an online dog licensing service. Participation is open to all Maine municipalities and is available to citizens October 15 to January 31 of each year.
- No back-end system or digitized records required
- No credit card merchant account needed
- No cost to the municipality to join. You will receive a $3 credit from the Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry for every dog licensed online. Municipalities are responsible for mailing the tags to dog owners for renewals and new licensing transactions
- Offer credit card payments securely and safely – InforME is CyberTrust certified, the industry gold standard for security, and PCI/DSS compliant.
- Payment can be made by a Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card
- Citizens can license a new dog or renew a license online from a participating municipality at any time during the renewal season
- Users can license one or more dogs in one payment transaction
- Customers must provide their dog information including rabies vaccination and alteration details through the online user interface
An administrative website allows each municipality to manage the dogs licensed online:
- Track all transactions
- Access financial reconciliation reports
- Automate renewal reminder emails to customers
- Print marketing materials such as posters and brochures for use in your office