Vital Records Ordering Service
InforME is now offering an online Maine Municipal Vital Records Ordering Service. Participation is open to all Maine municipalities.
The online service allows citizens to request one or more birth, death, or marriage records from a participating municipality as long as they hold a U.S. driver license.
- InforME has been processing electronic payments for Maine state and local government since 1999
- InforME services have oversight by the InforME board, with municipal representation
- Offer credit card payments securely and safely – InforME is CyberTrust certified, the industry gold standard for security, and PCI/DSS compliant
- No cost to the municipality to join and you receive the full record fees
- No merchant account needed
- Funds transferred directly to municipal bank account via daily ACH
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
- InforME provides customer service via phone, email, and live chat
- No back-end system or digitized records required
- Municipality pays NO credit card or shipping costs
- Each municipality can configure record dates available, shipping options, and contact information
- Track all orders – received, pending, cancelled, and completed
- Access financial reconciliation reports
- Maintain notes and order history
- Automated email notifications for municipal clerks and status emails for customers.
Compliant with State Requirements
- Automated identity verification using driver license information
- Ability to review proof-of-relationship documents and approve or reject orders